1. Generation Opportunity, the conservative nonprofit group who created the Creepy Uncle Sam anti-Obamacare campaign last fall, is back with an extremely elaborate new anti-Obamacare ad:
The group also hosted tailgate parties, meant to discourage people from signing up for Obamacare, under the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate.
12. You can watch the video here:
13. IMPORTANT NOTE: This in not just an elaborate video, this is a real event Gen Opp will actually host on the National Mall in Washington, D.C.
The National Park Service approved Generation Opportunity’s request to set-up an Anti-Obamacare Carnival, on the National Mall, directly in front of the Capitol later this month.
14. And then they will bring it on the road in 10 to 12 states.
According to Genn Opp leadership, the point of all this is to organize young people with “little bit of creepiness.”
“It’s a seemingly exciting event where all the games are rigged against young people with a little bit of creepiness,” Evan Feinberg, the group’s president, told BuzzFeed. He called the carnival a symbol for Obamacare.
But the carnival isn’t advocating any specific policy or change to the law. It’s just an elaborate, anti-Obamacare roadshow.
“The ultimate goal is to educate and mobilize young Americans to kick the Obamacare disaster out of their towns,” he said, adding that the campaign will build on Gen Opp’s Opt Out campaign, in which the group tried to convince young people not to sign up for Obamacare.
(Ultimately, seven million people chose health care plans in the Obamacare exchanges before the 2014 deadline.)
15. In other words: This isn’t going away.
- 200 million women and girls have undergone genital mutilation, UNICEF data says. But the practice's prevalence is down.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.