1. So it was just a normal weekend for Senator Claire McCaskill and her 100,000 Twitter followers.
2. Then she decided to let the world know about her son’s birthday! Awww.
3. And then this pig carcass appeared.
4. Then this:
6. Just a little upset.
@clairecmc All due respect Senator, that’s extremely upsetting for some people to see. Maybe a warning: dead animal next time?/ Via
@clairecmc um, Senator, that’s pretty gross./ Via
.@clairecmc Yep, that’s what happens when drop your apple, it rolls away, and your faithful pet pig dashes into traffic to bring it back./ Via
9. The senator kind of apologized….(?)
Goodness gracious. So sorry I offended so many vegans. In Missouri we raise pigs and cattle and chickens to eat them./ Via
11. And the media says:
@clairecmc it’s all good, vegans like being offended/ Via
12. And some were offended for different reasons:
@clairecmc I found it extremely offensive that you did not invite me to eat that pig/ Via
13. In the end, Senator McCaskill should have learned from her other Twitter-famous colleague that tweeting about dead animals is somewhat controversial:
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.