Don't even want to imagine what a "Paul game" is
The Congressional Baseball game is back again!
But there are a few things that make this game a bit different from your regular baseball game.
1. Like, the moment you walk in you realize this is not normal.
“Oh, I get it. Because of Louisiana?”
Every staffer is wearing some themed shirt in honor of their boss.
“Take me out to the Paul game.”
2. There is an alarming amount of security around the stadium.
Like, two cops blocking in this Smart car.
3. Most baseball games do not have the National Jewish Democratic Council attempting to give out free tickets by the gate.
4. And once you’re in the door you get ‘Go Democrats’ or ‘Go Republicans’ seat cushions.
GOP staffer: “They told me they were all out of Republican ones!”
5. There are red and blue Mustangs for partisans to take photos with.
I’m sure ‘#MustangRed’ & ‘MustangBlue’ was trending worldwide.
6. How many baseball games do you know where NASA shows up and inflates their rocket?
At least our space program still has #SWAG.
7. The Koch funded Generation Opportunity had an open bar…
… and this DNC staffer asked them: “You guys are giving away free beer? Sweet man.”
Here are Dem staffers, arms full of #SWAG, making the pivotal decision whether they can drink Koch beer or not.
Don’t worry, they went.
And thirsty staffers stood in lines 20 deep to get their hands on one of these bad boys.
8. Some of them even double fisted the light beer for maximum effect.
9. Was Mitt Romney right about everything? Apparently.
10. At the Roll Call reception, they we’re putting on their annual Taste of America spread.
Which includes just a gigantic plate of bacon from Iowa.
11. Here is how the stadium is split up:
And staffers pack the stands with alarmingly wonky political signs.
12. “SCALESE CAN APPARENTLY WHIP STAFFERS INTO THE STANDS.”
“Hey, down in front!”
13. But don’t worry! There are cops in the dugout protecting the congressmen from their staff.
Some Congressmen just cannot win tho:
14. Staffers wear hats like this:
Why Congress has a 5% approval rating:
15. It is always really great to see members of Congress dressed down and relaxed.
Especially when they are making a fashion statement:
I give you NSA critic, Justin Amash.
Like the bedazzled jeans and tie dye shirt that Congresswoman Renee Elmers wears.
16. That time a Thad Cochran staffer grabbed Kevin McCarthy and was all like:
“How bout’ that Tea Party?”
17. Some staffers definitely do drink too much:
18. And when it starts raining, the golden umbrellas come out.
In the end, Dems crushed the GOP again:
19. But Senator Jeff Flake was still happy wandering around after the game with his cleats
Because hey, $$$$$ for charity:
See ya next year!