The government shutdown has shuttered all the monuments and park services in D.C.
And signs like this are littered all over the city, demanding that people stay out of the beautiful parks FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY.
1. But look at these radicals who are blatantly defying the federal government by having a stroll and eating lunch in a CLOSED PARK.
2. Check out these anarchists wandering around this grassy field in front of the Washington Monument.
3. Who are these reprobates?
4. The reflecting pool is closed, so QUIT IT with your romantic picnic!
5. Stop taking dumb tourist photos of your girlfriend! This is a SHUTDOWN.
6. Oh. My. God. People. The Washington Monument is CLOSED. Quit posing with it!
7. This tree could have fallen on YOU, geniuses!
8. This squirrel is risking his life right now.
9. This sidewalk is SHUT DOWN people. Do you want America to fail?
10. Look at all that yellow tape, and you just jog through it like the hater you are.
11. There are TWO signs telling WWII vets to stay out of the memorial in their honor. What are they doing?!
These park rangers cannot even contain the insanity going on at the WWII memorial.
12. Just look at this kid at the Korean War Memorial.
13. Just look at these Americans desecrating MLK’s legacy through nonviolent protest of government barricades.
14. The yellow CAUTION tape has been ripped through at the FDR memorial!!
15. How did SHE get in here?!?!?!?!
National Park Service: “We got more cones in the back! Don’t tempt us.”
16. Is breaking into this government sidewalk really a good example for your child? Ask yourself, lady.
17. Even these police officers are revolting by walking their dogs in the park! Society is DOOMED.
But don’t even TRY to enter the George Mason Memorial.
And thank god for the single gate in front of the World War I memorial…
It seems to be working. At least there is some shred of sanity left.
Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!