BuzzFeed asked George H.W. Bush what rules he uses in picking out his socks for the day.
His response is printed in full below, with our own added illustrations.
Larry Downing / Reuters
2. “Assess the prevailing mood.”
“…like a catchy tune or a post-convention bounce in the polls.”
3. “When the thermometer dips, thread count matters.”
Via Photo By Dartmouth College
“It is a little known scientific fact that freezing your tail off actually starts in the toes.”
“…can be an unsettling sight for many.”
“Sunday church calls for a more muted, sober offering.”
“Lunch with friends…”
6. “Do your own thing.”
“When friends discover your fondness for feisty footwear, they will question your taste…”
“…and possibly even your soundness of mind.”
8. “Let the socks do all the talking.”
9. “If you are going anywhere with Barbara Bush, don’t worry about the socks…”
“…because you’ll already be the luckiest guy in the world.”
Here Are The Top Stories
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?