Welcome to politics 101 with the Dowager Countess of Grantham.
1. Be patriotic.
PBS, Carnival Film & Television Limited 2011 for MASTERPIECE, Nick Briggs / AP
16. Make this your motto: “Why does everyday involve a fight with an American?”
21. Remember this sage advice:
22. Make campaign materials like this:
23. Do this when someone asks you to raise taxes on the middle class.
24. Be politely proud of where you came from.
25. Make this face when leadership does something stupid.
Make this face when Vice President Joe Biden enters the room.
28. Never miss a breakfast/ lunch/ dinner with constituents.
29. Remember this whenever you are writing a speech.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- A boat packed with mainly African migrants bound for Italy sank off the Libyan coast on Thursday and officials fear over 100 people might have died, Reuters reports. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said (on Faceboook, obviously) that one billion people used the service on Monday 🌐 ›