Welcome to politics 101 with the Dowager Countess of Grantham.
1. Be patriotic.
2. Learn an intimidating negotiation face.
3. Know how to deal with your detractors.
12. Have an excellent work ethic.
13. Deal with the European financial crisis.
14. Assess America’s economic condition.
And give us encouragement about it!
16. Make this your motto: “Why does everyday involve a fight with an American?”
17. Understand how to react at emotional events.
18. Demand a strict dress code for your staff.
19. Politely discharge your political rivals.
20. Embrace social media, like twitter.
21. Remember this sage advice:
22. Make campaign materials like this:
23. Do this when someone asks you to raise taxes on the middle class.
24. Be politely proud of where you came from.
25. Make this face when leadership does something stupid.
Make this face when Vice President Joe Biden enters the room.
27. Don’t ‘officially’ assassinate anyone.
28. Never miss a breakfast/ lunch/ dinner with constituents.
29. Remember this whenever you are writing a speech.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›