Even the guards on bikes.
3. The bank in the Senate.
And its ATMs.
4. Gaggles of interest groups.
7. The press galleries and press conferences, of course!
8. The fancy subway system under the Capitol.
Haterz Gonna Hate! Zoom!
10. Gigantic, awful artwork.
The miniature models of these awful artworks are not shut down either.
11. Cafeterias for hungry staffers.
But there are long lines to get coffee.
12. Janitorial services.
14. These golden drinking fountains are not shut down.
15. Confused tourists walking around with their belts in their hands.
16. Golden trash cans for your visitor’s passes.
17. The backlighting on this Richard Nixon statue.
19. Angry interview signs.
20. Daily paper circulation.
21. Repairs on all the spy cams around the Capitol.
But the iPad that lets you talk about your visit is SHUT DOWN!
Also the garbage pickup around the building leaves something to be desired.
Unless, of course, you have a congressional staff connection.
But worst of all, Senate Hair Care is SHUT DOWN!
In The News Today
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- Missouri executed Roderick Nunley Tuesday night for a 1989 rape and murder. It was the state's sixth execution this year, and the nation's 20th. ›