Even the guards on bikes.
3. The bank in the Senate.
And its ATMs.
4. Gaggles of interest groups.
7. The press galleries and press conferences, of course!
8. The fancy subway system under the Capitol.
Haterz Gonna Hate! Zoom!
10. Gigantic, awful artwork.
The miniature models of these awful artworks are not shut down either.
11. Cafeterias for hungry staffers.
But there are long lines to get coffee.
12. Janitorial services.
14. These golden drinking fountains are not shut down.
15. Confused tourists walking around with their belts in their hands.
16. Golden trash cans for your visitor’s passes.
17. The backlighting on this Richard Nixon statue.
19. Angry interview signs.
20. Daily paper circulation.
21. Repairs on all the spy cams around the Capitol.
But the iPad that lets you talk about your visit is SHUT DOWN!
Also the garbage pickup around the building leaves something to be desired.
Unless, of course, you have a congressional staff connection.
But worst of all, Senate Hair Care is SHUT DOWN!
In The News Today
- President Obama on Monday declared a major disaster in South Carolina, where floods have killed at least 12 people and left tens of thousands stranded. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›