1. 2013 started out really well for President Barack Obama.
He had a mandate to continue his first-term agenda coming off a massive electoral victory.
2. Republicans, maintaining control of the House, returned to Washington with this attitude:
3. And the clashes between Obama and the Republicans began almost immediately.
4. First, Obama and the Democrats pushed really hard for background checks on gun purchases.
5. But even with a majority in the Senate, the Democrats couldn’t get the votes.
8. And that effort fell limp as well.
And is currently wallowing in the House.
9. The administration’s agenda was further derailed by a massive NSA spying scandal.
11. Then another scandal surfaced, after it was revealed the IRS discriminated against Tea Party groups when reviewing applications for tax-exempt status.
12. The scandal led to bipartisan outrage and heads rolling at the IRS while the Tea Party demanded to be taken seriously.
14. These scandals hurt the administration’s credibility and rallied Republican opposition against him.
15. Then a dictator in Syria allegedly used chemical weapons against his own people.
Obama had promised America would intervene in the Syria’s two-year civil war that’s left many, many thousands dead if this happened.
16. But Republicans were not convinced that America needed to intervene even though Obama was demanding it.
17. Republicans asked Obama to bring his case for war to the Hill.
That just did not work out for the administration.
18. Then came the battle over the launch of Obamacare.
19. One new, loud Senator decided to stand as long as he could to stop Obamacare from being implemented.
That did not really work out.