Meet former NFL Pro Bowler Jon Runyan. He is 6’7, 330 pounds.
He spent 14 (!) years doing this for a living:
He played offensive tackle for the Oilers, Eagles and Chargers.
After all those seasons, Runyan decided to join a far less functional group of barbarians….
…the U.S. Congress.
Runyan has represented New Jersey’s 3rd congressional district since 2011.
But he still has some big problems.
1. Like fitting into the door of a House office.
2. Holding back when a staffer screws up.
Sometimes you just can’t help yourself.
3. Dealing with the House podiums.
4. Drinking fountains are a mess.
5. And the House cafeteria never has enough food.
6. Other members of Congress asking you to help them re-create their favorite movie posters.
Rep. Adam Kinzinger, everyone!
7. “Jon, since you are over, could you help me hang this SWAG?”
“Sure bro, no problem.”
8. Congressional subway cars designed for multiple members only fitting one person when you’re riding.
Especially when those other members represent a team that you hate!
Rep. Sean Duffy of Wisconsin, everyone!
What you really want to do is remind them of when you personally destroyed their heroes…
… but it is much more fun to just do the same things to them.
10. But eventually, just having to give into the autograph requests.
Rep. Paul Ryan and cheesehead.