This post has been corrected to remove phrasing that was copied from Marketwatch and from Yahoo! Finance.
BuzzFeed takes its responsibility to readers very seriously, and plagiarism is a major breach of that responsibility. Please read our apology to readers here.
10. America is home to 6 of the top 10 Universities in the world.
And 83 of the top 400 universities in the world.
To put that in perspective, the number 2 country would be Russia with 1835 overall medals and that’s including their Soviet Union era.
8. Americans earn more “personal income”, on average, than residents of any other country.
7. US gave more than twice as much foreign aid as any other country last year.
However this did only account for 0.2% of the country’s gross national income.
6. America has the largest Gross Domestic Product on the planet BY FAR at $15.56 trillion.
5. America has BY FAR the largest consumer market on the planet.
4. America has the most powerful military on the planet and accounts for roughly 40% of the world’s defense budget.
2. America is the world’s largest producer of beef and cheese.
1. America is the place Chuck Norris chose to be born.
- Thousands of rallies for climate change action were held around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris.›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Adele's "25" has sold a record 3.38 million copies in the U.S. in its first full week, Nielsen Music reported 🎤🏆 ›