This post has been corrected to remove phrasing that was copied from Marketwatch and from Yahoo! Finance.
BuzzFeed takes its responsibility to readers very seriously, and plagiarism is a major breach of that responsibility. Please read our apology to readers here.
To put that in perspective, the number 2 country would be Russia with 1835 overall medals and that’s including their Soviet Union era.
8. Americans earn more “personal income”, on average, than residents of any other country.
7. US gave more than twice as much foreign aid as any other country last year.
However this did only account for 0.2% of the country’s gross national income.
6. America has the largest Gross Domestic Product on the planet BY FAR at $15.56 trillion.
4. America has the most powerful military on the planet and accounts for roughly 40% of the world’s defense budget.
1. America is the place Chuck Norris chose to be born.
- A Kentucky clerk continues to defy the Supreme Court by denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›
- Google introduced a redesigned logo. It's the biggest change to the logo since 1999. ›