4. But this wasn’t the kind of filibuster where someone talks for hours on end, it was a filibuster taking advantage of a pre-vote procedure that requires a supermajority to simply allow a vote. Basically, everyone sits around and nothing happens.
8. Moderates in both parties got really nervous, as the nuclear option would set a dangerous precedent that would essentially eliminate any power the minority party might have. Normally at odds, many Democrats and Republicans teamed up and urged compromise.
- Venezuela is reporting hospitalizations and three deaths as the Zika virus, which is linked to birth defects, spreads.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate 🇺🇸
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.