1. Seventeen-year-old Haris Suleman and his father were on a 30-day, potentially record-breaking flight around the world to raise money for building schools in Pakistan when their plane went down in Pago Pago, American Samoa.
A family spokeswoman confirmed to the Associated Press that the teenage pilot’s body has been recovered. Crews are still looking for his father, the only other passenger on the plane.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor said the single-engine plane crashed into the ocean Tuesday night under unknown circumstances.
2. According to Haris’ Twitter account, the two were on their way from Pago Pago to Hawaii.
3. The father-son team took off in mid-June, and were in the middle of their month-long voyage around the world. The teenage pilot was trying to become the youngest person to fly around the world in a single-engine plane in 30 days.
- Greece's bailout vote on Sunday could be very close, according to an opinion poll. Both sides are holding rallies today.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.
- After two previous missions failed, Russia's Progress rocket took off to resupply the International Space Station ?
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.