1. Julie Tremmel, a Cranston, R.I., TV reporter, explains to her viewers what to do during a bear attack.
2. “According to experts, you should avoid direct eye contact with the bear.”
7. “If the bear attacks, crawl up into a ball on your side.”
8. “Or lay back on your stomach. And above all, stay calm.”
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›