1. Anyone who signed up to receive tickets got this email saying tickets would go on sale on Monday.
2. Ticketmaster then sent out this link to people to purchase tickets.
Ticketmaster then sent out a third email apologizing and saying that some tickets were purchased earlier. Tickets are set to go on sale tomorrow.
3. If you log in, Tickermaster says tickets are sold out.
Lots of people were angry and disappointed.
So #ticketmaster kinda screwed up the whole #inauguration ball tickets thing. I guess they have four years to work on making it better.— Courtney Bishop
Omg Ticketmaster pulled a “hut, hut, sack” on Inauguration tickets… Apparently the email they sent was a test one… But all tix are gone— Lola 2 Necklace
Getting tickets to the inaugural ball is like getting a picture of Beyonce’s wedding dress #inauguration— RPM
RT @JessLivMo: Tell me that Inauguration Tickets didn’t sell out in six minutes? SIX MINUTES?!— chip goines
Dear #Ticketmaster - Why won’t you let me buy @obamainaugural tickets?!? Inauguration disaster 2.0. Purple tunnel of doom all over again— Joe Goldman
Thanks @Ticketmaster! You continue to be a totally deplorable corporation. #Inauguration http://t.co/94phAcRl— Pulin Modi
So, I just got an email from #Ticketmaster & I can’t reply. If I could, here’s what I would say wrt inauguration fiasco: Drop dead, asshats.— Sarah Lichtor
Someone’s getting fired tonight. #Ticketmaster #Inauguration— Tim Hwang
Still trying to get these tickets! Ticketmaster not making it easy! #inauguration #inauguralball #ticketmaster— David White
Update Ticketmaster comments: “While an e-mail indicating that Inaugural event tickets were available was sent earlier than planned, tickets to Inaugural events were sold per usual Ticketmaster process on a first come first serve basis. Everyone who purchased tickets for the Inaugural Ball and the Inaugural parade will receive their tickets.
We understand the disappointment people feel if they were unable to obtain tickets, but like all other popular events, demand was much greater than supply. Ticketmaster and PIC will continue to work closely to ensure everyone receives the latest ticketing information.”
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France after protests last week.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.