1. An amateur video being circulated by Russian outlets reportedly of the event:
4. Other witnesses said that “houses shuddered, windows were blown out and cell phones stopped working” according to RT.
5. Nearly 1,000 people reported injuries, according to AP.
Update - Feb. 15, 11:00 a.m.: Reuters originally reported nobody was hurt, then cited Russia’s Emergency Ministry, which said 514 people sought medical aid, 112 of whom were hospitalized. AP has now increased the total to “nearly 1,000 people.” The injuries were mainly caused by flying glass.
6. An emergency official said it was most likely a meteorite shower, with a blast reported at 32,000 feet.
7. Some office buildings in areas affected were being evacuated.
8. This video from a Russian news outlet is said to be of the moment of the explosion:
9. Another amateur video:
10. Another amateur video:
11. Another video:
12. Another video out of Russia:
16. In this video lots of broken glass can be seen.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›