Obama campaign about small things - accusing Romney of being a felon & murderer. Next thing you know, they’ll accuse Romney of eating a dog.— Reince Priebus
2. Obama hits Romney for putting a dog on the roof of his car.
3. Update: Obama reading his book’s passage about eating a dog.
Update 2. Romney spokesman Ryan Williams says on Obama’s dog attack in a statement: “After sanctimoniously complaining about making a “big election about small things” President Obama continues to embarrass himself and diminish his office with his unpresidential behavior. This election is about creating jobs, turning around our economy and helping the middle class. The President’s policies have failed on all counts and he will do anything to distract from his abysmal record.”
- Two bomb attacks in the central Nigerian city of Jos have killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️