1. 1994:Mitt Romney debates Ted Kennedy over guns, crime.
3. 2002:Romney in a debate says he supports tough guns laws, won’t chip away at them as Govenror
4. 2002:Romney calls for a federal ballistic fingerprinting in program in the wake of the DC sniper shootings.
5. 2002:Romney’s campaign website page on the issues on gun control says Romney supports banning assault weapons.
6. Obama in 2004: The government can’t confiscate all gun, but we need to ban assault weapons.
7. 2004:Obama debates Alan Keyes on gun control, says assault weapons only have one purpose, to kill people.
8. 2005:Romney signs off on a permanent assault weapons ban in Massachusetts.
9. 2007: Obama says gun owners have nothing to fear from an Obama Administration, supports owning hand guns, hunting rifles.
10. 2007:Romney falsely claims he owes a gun, goes hunting, and is a member of the NRA.
11. 2007:Romney says “I don’t line up 100% with the NRA on every issue” and “I support the assault weapons ban.”
12. 2008:Obama says we need a common sense approach to gun control.
13. 2011:Obama tells Jim Brady he is working on gun control “under the radar.”
Andrew Kaczynski is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Andrew Kaczynski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who arrived on scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave, and their body camera footage has been released.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- Atlanta police are searching for two white men who were caught on security cameras placing Confederate flags at a historic church.