1. The Empire State Building began the evening lit up in red, white, and blue…
CNN rigged the top of the skyscraper to display election results throughout the night. The spire was lit red for Romney victories and blue for Obama.
2. And ended the night in all blue.
3. Here’s a GIF of the transformation…
- The death penalty should still be considered for Colorado theater shooter James Holmes, a jury decided.
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.