Denis Balibouse / Reuters
2. On Sunday afternoon, Yahoo!’s Twitter account was temporarily hacked and sent out a Tweet indicating that an Ebola outbreak in Atlanta had infected 145 Americans. It was retweeted over 800 times within a ten minute timespan.
4. Ten minutes later, Yahoo confirmed that it was an “unauthorized tweet” with inaccurate information about an Ebola outbreak. The hacked Tweet was then deleted.
6. Yahoo! did not immediately respond to BuzzFeed’s request for comment.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- The NFL has upheld Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈