1. A wildfire that began outside of Mount Diablo State Park on Sunday afternoon quadrupled overnight, and has burned at least 3,700 acres. 100 homes have been forced to evacuate Contra Costa County, NBC Bay Area reports.
3. One firefighter has suffered injuries, Mercury News reports. There are no reported deaths.
4. Despite the Morgan Fire’s quick growth, it is now about 20% contained — up from just 10% this morning.
5. Displaced families have been evacuated into a Red Cross center, and will be put up in hotels overnight. The Salvation Army will serve the families free meals.
6. Dozens of local residents tweeted photographs of the fire, expressing concern over its status.
Mt. Diablo fire is crazy. Hope they get it contained soon! #BayArea #fire #mtdiablo
Fire on Mt Diablo. About 10 miles from my house:
Jose Carlos Fajardo
400 acres vegetation fire near Morgan Territory Rd along Mt. Diablo State Park @CCTimes @CCCFirefighters #MorganFire
Mt. Diablo fire as seen from San Ramon Monday morning. @ktvu @cbssf
#MorganFire charring Mt. Diablo. Look closely, you can see threatened PG&E transmission lines. #news10
Mt. Diablo Fire â€“ Day 1 #MorganFire #mtdiablo
12. Update - Sept. 10, 9:58 a.m., EDT:
The fire has grown to 3,718 acres, but remains contained at 20%. 700 firefighters worked through the night on Monday, and Tuesday morning.
Evacuations remain in place for Oak Hill Lane, Curry Canyon and Curry Point, the LA Times reports.
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›