I’m Trayvon Martin for Halloween
2. The costume garnered a range of responses on twitter, but most were very angry.
@jamievandekamp You look great!
@KareliaTarango it blows my mind that more than jut one person thought that that was a good idea. How ignorant
I just saw a Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman Halloween costume. That is literally beyond disgusting. People make me so sick.
Mychal Denzel Smith
“what’s the best way to prove we’re terrible human beings?” “dress up like George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin for Halloween” ~ white guys
The image was originally uploaded Friday to the Facebook page of Caitlin Cimeno, pictured in the middle, with the caption “Happy Halloween from Zimmerman & trayvon.” It was tweeted on Sunday by @jamievandekamp.
The man dressed as Martin is William Filene, 25, of Cape Coral, Florida, the Smoking Gun reports.
22-year-old Greg Cimeno, also of Cape Coral, is dressed as George Zimmerman. He allegedly commented “anything for the laugh,” after Cimeno posted the photograph to Facebook on Friday.
8. This wasn’t the only Trayvon Martin costume. Others dressed as the teenager who was shot and killed by George Zimmerman in February, 2012.
Is it too soon for me to be Trayvon Martin for Halloween? Really don’t wanna buy a costume..
I really want to be Trayvon Martin for Halloween.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›