1. Billy Standley came up with the idea for his funeral 18 years ago.
On Friday, Jan 31st, he got his wish. He was taken to his grave in Crawford County, Ohio, atop a 1967 Harley in a Plexiglass casket. His sons made the casket, reinforcing the bottom with wood and steel rods.
2. Five embalmers worked to prepare Standley’s body with a metal back brace and straps to ensure he’ll never lose his seat.
“He’d done right by us all these years, and at least we could see he goes out the way he wanted to,” his son Pete Standley said.
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›