1. Billy Standley came up with the idea for his funeral 18 years ago.
On Friday, Jan 31st, he got his wish. He was taken to his grave in Crawford County, Ohio, atop a 1967 Harley in a Plexiglass casket. His sons made the casket, reinforcing the bottom with wood and steel rods.
2. Five embalmers worked to prepare Standley’s body with a metal back brace and straps to ensure he’ll never lose his seat.
“He’d done right by us all these years, and at least we could see he goes out the way he wanted to,” his son Pete Standley said.
- The U.S. airstrike on a Doctors Without Borders hospital that killed at least 30 people last month happened as a "direct result of avoidable human error," the Pentagon said. ›
- All charges have been dismissed against a popular protest organizer in Chicago. He was arrested Tuesday during protests over a video showing the police shooting of a black teen. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›