1. Billy Standley came up with the idea for his funeral 18 years ago.
On Friday, Jan 31st, he got his wish. He was taken to his grave in Crawford County, Ohio, atop a 1967 Harley in a Plexiglass casket. His sons made the casket, reinforcing the bottom with wood and steel rods.
2. Five embalmers worked to prepare Standley’s body with a metal back brace and straps to ensure he’ll never lose his seat.
“He’d done right by us all these years, and at least we could see he goes out the way he wanted to,” his son Pete Standley said.
- Mullah Omar — leader of the Taliban — has died, according to multiple reports. The Taliban has not responded to the reports.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️