1. New York City photographer Manny Midy was walking by the park when he saw this happening.
2. He posted the image on Facebook as well, where he explained why the young boy was shoveling the basketball court.
3. “This young man had dedication and determination which he shared with me,” Midy told BuzzFeed. “Regardless of how old or young you are, it’s about believing in yourself and your dreams. A message children and adults from all walks of life can get behind.”
Adrian Carrasquillo is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Adrian Carrasquillo at email@example.com.
In The News Today
- President Obama on Monday declared a major disaster in South Carolina, where floods have killed at least 12 people and left tens of thousands stranded. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›