1. New York City photographer Manny Midy was walking by the park when he saw this happening.
2. He posted the image on Facebook as well, where he explained why the young boy was shoveling the basketball court.
3. “This young man had dedication and determination which he shared with me,” Midy told BuzzFeed. “Regardless of how old or young you are, it’s about believing in yourself and your dreams. A message children and adults from all walks of life can get behind.”
Adrian Carrasquillo is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Adrian Carrasquillo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›