1. New York City photographer Manny Midy was walking by the park when he saw this happening.
2. He posted the image on Facebook as well, where he explained why the young boy was shoveling the basketball court.
3. “This young man had dedication and determination which he shared with me,” Midy told BuzzFeed. “Regardless of how old or young you are, it’s about believing in yourself and your dreams. A message children and adults from all walks of life can get behind.”
Adrian Carrasquillo is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Adrian Carrasquillo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- In a Vanity Fair interview, Rihanna said Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as black even as her parents insist she was born white, "was a bit of a hero." ›