1. Juror B29, known only as Maddy, says she believes George Zimmerman got away with murder, in an exclusive interview with ABC News.
The Puerto Rican juror and only minority on the jury said, “George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you can’t get away from God.”
She said the day before the verdict she was seriously considering being the juror to send the trial to a hung jury but as she pored over the evidence with her fellow jurors she realized Florida law and the evidence that was provided did not equal a guilty verdict.
“You can’t put the man in jail even though in our hearts we felt he was guilty,” she said.
2. The nursing assistant and mother of eight children says she feels like she owes Trayvon Martin’s parents an apology.
“I felt like I let a lot of people down, and I’m thinking to myself, ‘Did I go the right way? Did I go the wrong way?’” she said to ABC.
3. She said the trial will stay with her for the rest of her life.
“It’s hard for me to sleep, it’s hard for me to eat because I feel I was forcefully included in Trayvon Martin’s death,” she said.
“And as I carry him on my back, I’m hurting as much [as] Trayvon’s Martin’s mother because there’s no way that any mother should feel that pain.”
Portions of the interview will air on ABC’s World News with Diane Sawyer on Thursday night while more excerpts will air on Nightline. The full interview is scheduled to air on Friday morning’s episode of Good Morning America.
- Rallies for climate change action are taking place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris. ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›