1. With something called a “polar vortex” bearing down on the U.S. and plunging much of the country into the lowest temperatures in 20 years, people have gotten creative in how they experience it.
2. For example, nothing could go wrong with this kind of good old-fashioned fun, right?
Threw a pot of boiling water in the air. Kids thought it was awesome. Do it, people.
I tried to throw boiling water in the air and it back fired..all the water spilled on me and now my leg is burned. Oops….
So I did the thing where you make snow and not all the boiling water froze and now my head is burned í ½í¸‚í ½í¸‚í ½í¸‚
5. A lot of people are really burning themselves with boiling water.
Tried the boiling water trick today… burned the high holy hell out of my hand… I may have done it wrong… but it shore was purdy…
My little brother burned himself trying to throw boiling water into the air to make it freeze. BEWARE #lol #caughtonvideo
So I tried to do the whole throw boiling water outside and it flew back and burned my arm so happy snow day to all
8. People really aren’t getting the message.
Kyle burned his arm trying to do the boiling water trick hahahah
I totally just burned myself with boiling water trying to throw it in the air :/ #myluck
Hey guys, i failed with the boiling water trick and burned my legs
11. Ambulances were very likely called.
Code 3 burn reported at 1200 S Glendale Avenue. Patient was burned by boiling water.
12. Some people took the burning in stride.
Tried to do the boiling water trick but the water burned my hand and I dropped the cup and it broke… Fail would be an understatement .
Sooo yeah I tried doing that boiling water thing that @MelissaBusch15 did and the boiling water flew back at me and burned meâœŒï¸ cool
15. “Throwing boiling water into the -50° wind and getting burned in the process. But look how cool! #science”
16. Everyone, please stop.
completely burned my hand while trying to turn boiling water into snow
17. h/t: Matt Pearce, who first noticed the science gone very, very wrong.
Have found about 50 victims. I think we’ve all learned an important lesson today.