1. Much of the world is still trying to understand the confluence of events that came together to oust Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi.
Virginie Nguyen Hoang / AP
2. In a video posted in March, that is picking up steam now, a young boy laid out much of the reasoning behind the country’s growing discontent with its government.
3. How did he get so smart? He listens to others, uses his own brain and is an avid news consumer.
4. He took issue with a constitution that said women were equal to men in all matters except where it contradicts Islamic law.
5. In the end, his major complaint was that the revolution had not achieved the urgent goals it set out to achieve, which goes a long way towards explaining the events of the past week.
Adrian Carrasquillo is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Adrian Carrasquillo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here Are The Top Stories
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".
- A Memphis police officer was shot dead on Saturday night while conducting a routine traffic stop, according to a statement from the Memphis Police Department.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.