1. Much of the world is still trying to understand the confluence of events that came together to oust Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi.
2. In a video posted in March, that is picking up steam now, a young boy laid out much of the reasoning behind the country’s growing discontent with its government.
3. How did he get so smart? He listens to others, uses his own brain and is an avid news consumer.
4. He took issue with a constitution that said women were equal to men in all matters except where it contradicts Islamic law.
5. In the end, his major complaint was that the revolution had not achieved the urgent goals it set out to achieve, which goes a long way towards explaining the events of the past week.
- Police in Colorado Springs are responding to reports of an active shooter at a Planned Parenthood clinic, officials said. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›