1. Much of the world is still trying to understand the confluence of events that came together to oust Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi.
Virginie Nguyen Hoang / AP
2. In a video posted in March, that is picking up steam now, a young boy laid out much of the reasoning behind the country’s growing discontent with its government.
3. How did he get so smart? He listens to others, uses his own brain and is an avid news consumer.
4. He took issue with a constitution that said women were equal to men in all matters except where it contradicts Islamic law.
5. In the end, his major complaint was that the revolution had not achieved the urgent goals it set out to achieve, which goes a long way towards explaining the events of the past week.
Adrian Carrasquillo is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Adrian Carrasquillo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- A judge ruled that Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby will not have to recuse herself from the trial in the death of Freddie Gray. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›