The Ultimate Warrior speaking at his induction to the WWE Hall of fame, April 5.
3. The announcement followed rumors of the wrestler’s death just days before, leading many to suspect that the announcement was another hoax. Tweets from wrestling stars like Triple H and his wife, Steph McMahon, served as confirmation.
11. Hellwig made two public appearances in the last week. He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on Saturday and appeared on Monday Night Raw on Monday.
During his Monday Night Raw appearance, the wrestler made some poignant comments about death:
No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man’s heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe a final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper and something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized. By the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running the man did live forever. You, you, you, you, you, you are the legend makers of Ultimate Warrior. In the back I see many potential legends, some of them with warrior spirits. And you will do the same for them. You will decide if they lived with the passion and intensity, so much so that you will tell your stories and you will make them legends as well. Ultimate. You are the Ultimate Warrior Fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever!
12. Video of his Monday Night Raw appearance on April 7.
13. Video of his induction into the WWE Hall of Fame on April 5.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure 1st-time marchers stick around ✊
- Nope, President Donald Trump will not release his tax returns after an IRS audit, the White House says, despite pledging to do so.
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- The Atlanta Falcons are off to the Super Bowl for the 2nd time after defeating the Green Bay Packers 🏈