2. Their classy coatings aren’t just stylish, they camouflage them from rude predators.
It’s called “countershading.” Predators swimming above them can’t see them because their black backs blend in with the darkness of the ocean, and those swimming beneath them can’t see them because their white bellies blend with the light in the sky. GENIUS.
16. Penguins are very skilled with a makeup brush.
Just look at the eyeshadow on this yellow-eyed penguin. Blended to the gods, honey.
20. They’re also amazing parents.
When a penguin egg is laid, its father incubates it on top of its feet waiting for it to hatch, barely moving or eating himself for two months. Meanwhile, mom is off doing some heavy duty fishing to make sure Junior has food to eat. Parents of the year.
- There are 27 lawmakers boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration.
- The suspect wanted in the massacre of 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub has been captured.
- Monica Crowley was an appointee to Trump's White House. She won't take the job because of a widespread plagiarism scandal
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.