1. Givenchy made an expert move in the face of its spring 2014 campaign.
“She’s one of the most stylish women I’ve met in my life,” designer Riccardo Tisci told Style.com. Tisci said he had Badu in mind while working on the collection, which finds influence in “a crash between African and Japanese cultures mixed with Haute Couture techniques.”
2. Tisci’s choice of Badu as the face of the campaign comes on the heels of an increase in the number of models of color in the fashion world.
All the other women in the campaign are women of color as well. “I discovered a lot of black girls, and I’ve been always supporting them,” he said. “For me, I grew up in a family and I grew up in a culture, an education, that we all are the same.” He welcomed Badu “to the gang” on Instagram.
5. That style.
- President Trump will sign an executive order on Tuesday stopping the EPA's plan to limit power plants burning coal.
- Top Democrats are demanding House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes remove himself from the investigation into Russian interference in the election.
- The mayor of London has urged politicians in the European Union not to "punish" Britain for the decision to leave the European Union, stating a "bad Brexit" would hurt the EU too.
- Samsung announced plans to refurbish and sell some of the 4.3 million explosive Galaxy Note7 phones it recalled last year📱🔥