1. LinkedIn Maps
This one looks like a jellyfish, and it’s one of the better graphs we’ve seen. If you’ve got a LinkedIn profile, you can try it out yourself.
3. The Standard Issue Facebook Graph
This one looks like an erector set gone wrong — which is the look Facebook usually goes with when they’re trying to explain the Open Graph.
Sometimes, your network looks like a Plinko board, at least according to this (sadly defunct) Facebook app from Paul Irish.
This is most computery of the bunch, either an air traffic control screen or some kind of DOS-era war game. Try it out if you like.
It’s full of stars.
This Twitter map has been stripped down until it looks like a chandelier.
A closer look.
If you give it enough space, the graph starts to look astronomical, like planets or satellites in orbit, as in this open-source Python project from Martin Laprise.
Or maybe it’s just the Earth?
- The 36 victims in the Oakland warehouse fire were trapped with "no way out" in America's deadliest blaze in over a decade.
- President-elect Donald Trump has picked former WWE CEO Linda McMahon to lead the Small Business Administration.
- Dozens of employees and patients say the US's biggest psychiatric chain locks up people for insurance money.
- This dad had the most adorable freak out to his family when he met his first alpaca 😂