1. Some women in Tokyo have started a social media campaign threatening a sex strike to protest against the city’s gubernatorial candidate, Yoichi Masuzoe, Agence France-Presse reported.
Masuzoe, 65, is a former political scientist who became famous on TV talk shows. He was Japan’s former health minister.
2. The women are protesting against Masuzoe for reportedly telling a men’s magazine in 1989 that women are unfit for the highest levels of government because their menstrual cycle makes them irrational.
3. “Women are not normal when they are having a period… You can’t possibly let them make critical decisions about the country (during their period) such as whether or not to go to war,” he said.
5. The women have a blog, translated to English as “The association of women who will not have sex with men who vote for Yoichi Masuzoe,” which claims that 130,000 people have “accessed it” over two days. They call Masuzoe “the enemy of women.”
8. It is unclear how the women will determine all the male voters who choose Masuzoe as governor.
- Luke Aikins just became the first skydiver to successfully jump out of a plane without a parachute 🌎💪
- Bernie Sanders' former press secretary says she experienced repeated incidents of blatant racism while on the campaign trail.
- Sixteen people died after a hot air balloon caught fire and crashed in Texas Saturday.