1. A video posted by an English-language Chinese blog, Beijing Cream, captured the morning rush hour at the Xierqi subway station. Brace yourselves.
2. The blog’s writer, Anthony Tao, explained that the gates and staircases to reduce congestion were sometimes not enough. He described it thusly:
“For you see, in China, sometimes there are simply too many goddamn people.”
- It's Inauguration Day — Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America at 12 p.m. ET 🇺🇸
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌