1. Meet Mark Bustos, a 30-year-old hairstylist at Three Squares Studio, a posh New York City salon.
2. Every Sunday, Bustos goes around the city offering haircuts to people who can’t afford them.
3. Bustos began cutting hair for impoverished people on a family visit to the Philippines in May 2012.
He told the Huffington Post: “The feeling was so rewarding, I decided to bring the positive energy back to New York City.”
5. Bustos provides free haircuts to as many as six people every Sunday.
6. He told the Huffington Post that he likes to cut their hair in full public view so that people find inspiration in his good deed and help others out.
Caption: Today, My 30th birthday wish is to inspire and be inspired. “If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you’ll end up not doing nothing for nobody.” — Malcolm Bane…Stay tuned, and follow me on this incredible journey.
10. The transformations seen after a simple haircut and shave are incredible.
“My parents will be so proud of me when they find out why I’ve been missing Sunday dinners. #BeAwesomeToSomebody#NYC.”
“They don’t always know when their next haircut will be. Most times they ask me to buzz it all off… Til we meet again…. #BeAwesomeToSomebody#NYC.”
13. The first thing this man asked Bustos after his haircut was: “Do you know anyone that’s hiring?”
14. Bustos has also given haircuts to the homeless in Jamaica and Costa Rica.
“Found Dino aka “Black Moon” on the streets in Negril… homeless since he lost his mother at 14 yrs old.. So grateful to have a proper haircut. He had to let us know. This is EVERYTHING.”
“‘I feel like I’m just starting over again’ — Steven, West End Negril, Jamaica. How does a haircut make YOU feel?”
16. He has also spread his awesomeness to California.
“The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow… do good anyway. #BeAwesomeToSomebody.”
17. “We all deserve a second chance.”
“Meet Jim, 52 years old from Long Beach, CA… was just released from prison 2 weeks ago after serving 10 years. Every human life is worth the same. We all deserve a second chance.”
18. You can follow more of Bustos’s amazing initiative on his Instagram account.
(h/t Huffington Post)
- Chris Froome has won the Tour de France. He's the first Brit to win the cycling race three times 🚴