1. ABC’s popular morning talk show, The View, hired former Playboy model, actress, and anti-vaccine advocate, Jenny McCarthy as a co-host.
Grateful! @theviewtv: This fall, we welcome @JennyMcCarthy as one of our new co-hosts! … http://t.co/K5ptKaK0eg
The Internet got all fired up because McCarthy is (in)famous for advocating against vaccinations. She believes vaccinations caused her son’s autism.
6. Other people were also pissed off.
Jenny McCarthy’s anti-vaccine advice kills people. It’s appalling The View hired her. @specterm http://t.co/iTn7IOqUZx
How many times will Jenny McCarthy mention autism on The View? Place your bets.
Horrible that USA Today describes the link between vaccines & autism as “controversial” instead of “a goddamn lie”: http://t.co/brCT5CvYTu
Listening to Jenny McCarthy talk? RT @washmonthly: How Autism Really “Spreads” http://t.co/xetcPLRoKU
Jenny McCarthy will join The View as co-host so you probably shouldn’t watch it since there is no vaccine against ignorance.
In an email message to the New York Times, Lauri Hogan, a spokeswoman for The View, said the show had made no request to McCarthy that she keep the vaccine issue off limits. Hogan added, “All the hosts speak openly on a variety of topics and as has been stated repeatedly, Hot Topics are not scripted.”
Will Jenny McCarthy joining ‘The View’ further legitimize dangerous anti-vaccine conspiracy theories? http://t.co/oNiooVkmuR
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the controversial Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines.
- 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture include: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," and "Hidden Figures" 🎥 🎬
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.