Campaign to boycott Rolling Stone “Boston Bomber” issue leads to 102% increase in newsstand sales: http://t.co/8KQDWKayla
Retail sales of the issue jumped 102 percent over average per-issue sales for the past year, according to Magazine Information Network. Figures are based on point of sale data from 1,420 retailers from July 19 to July 29. Among those retailers, 13,232 copies were sold, more than double the magazine’s average sales for the prior year.
4. After the cover was revealed, #BoycottRollingStone trended on Twitter and several Boycott Rolling Stone communities were created on Facebook. Major stores pulled the issue from their shelves.
The list of retailers not carrying this week’s Rolling Stone magazine so far: CVS, Tedeschi Food Shops, Walgreens
- Thousands made it to the Women's March on Washington on Saturday to stand up for women's rights and protest Donald Trump.
- Crowds for the Women's March in Washington, DC, were much larger than for the inauguration.
- Surrounded by penguins, people all the way in Antarctica participated in the Women's March on Saturday ❄️
- "We shall overcomb." People across America got creative and made some pretty epic signs for the Women's March.