Campaign to boycott Rolling Stone “Boston Bomber” issue leads to 102% increase in newsstand sales: http://t.co/8KQDWKayla
Retail sales of the issue jumped 102 percent over average per-issue sales for the past year, according to Magazine Information Network. Figures are based on point of sale data from 1,420 retailers from July 19 to July 29. Among those retailers, 13,232 copies were sold, more than double the magazine’s average sales for the prior year.
4. After the cover was revealed, #BoycottRollingStone trended on Twitter and several Boycott Rolling Stone communities were created on Facebook. Major stores pulled the issue from their shelves.
The list of retailers not carrying this week’s Rolling Stone magazine so far: CVS, Tedeschi Food Shops, Walgreens
- Donald Trump on Sunday said that his comments about a problem in Sweden — were not about an event, but about a Fox News report 🇸🇪🙃
- Exactly 75 years ago today, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the executive order authorizing the internment of Japanese-Americans.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩