2. Here’s how one of the beaches looks now:
4. About 1,500 workers, soldiers, and volunteers are involved in a clean up operation at Prao Bay beach.
5. Samet Island, famous for its white sands and emerald waters, draws around 1 million tourists every year.
6. Historically, this is Thailand’s fourth major oil spill.
- Barack Obama became the first sitting U.S. president to visit the site of the atomic bombing in Hiroshima, Japan. The "memory of August 6, 1945 must never fade."
- A Silicon Valley college faked grades, dodged immigration authorities, and made a fortune, BuzzFeed News has found 💰🎓
- Twenty-three athletes who competed in the 2012 Olympic Games in London have failed retrospective doping tests, officials say.