1. "How to Love the Back of a Neck" — The Toast
2. "Vince Staples and the Accessibility of Black Experience" — Pitchfork
3. "All the Single Ladies: Why Movies Need More Platonic Pairings" — BuzzFeed Entertainment
4. "Seeing Beyond 'Kimono Wednesdays': On Asian American Protest" — Hyperallergic
6. "The Twilight of the Angry Black Woman" — BuzzFeed Ideas
7. "Beyond the Model Minority Myth" — Jacobin Mag
Want to read more?
Anne Helen Petersen writes about Tom Cruise's enduring greatness — and skeeviness. Tom Vellner looks back on his favorite romantic comedies and explained how they kept him in the closet. Lauren Morrell Tabak says goodbye to the last lesbian bar in San Francisco. And Sarah Fonesca pays homage to Lesley Gore.
Susan Cheng is an editorial assistant for BuzzFeed News and is based in Los Angeles.
Contact Susan Cheng at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.