4. Todd Akin legitimately lost the Senate race in Missouri
5. Richard Mourdock, also notorious for his rape comments, ousted a longstanding Republican in the primary race… and lost the general election
6. Massachusetts elected its first female Senator, consumer advocate Elizabeth Warren
She defeated incumbent Republican Scott Brown.
7. Same-sex marriage measures have passed in Maryland and Maine
The first states in the nation to back same-sex marriage at the ballot box. Minnesota rejected a gay marriage ban. And Washington’s same sex marriage initiative is still close, and pending a final call.
Our country is now in serious and unprecedented trouble…like never before.— Donald J. Trump
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.