1. On Friday, Politico reporter Helena B. Evich tweeted a photo of a sad sight: a poor little raccoon that got stuck on a trash truck while looking for food.
Evich tweeted she saw the animal in Rossalyn, Virginia.
4. People immediately felt for the little guy.
5. And many said they could relate to the raccoon’s plight.
6. “‘Everything’s fine,’ thought the trash panda. Everything, indeed, was not.”
7. Of course, since everything is political now, people soon began to make politics and Trump jokes.
8. Some thought the raccoon was the perfect metaphor for America at the moment.
9. Or maybe, just the GOP.
10. Or Trump supporters.
11. “Like all of us: terrified raccoons clinging to a hurtling American garbage truck, looking back with no idea where we’re going,” one person said.
12. FYI, for those concerned about the raccoon, Evich tweeted she alerted the company and gave the truck number.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, where he lashed out at the media and defended his agenda.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.