2. The 14-year-old from California became famous overnight after a video his friend, Josh Holtz, filmed of him went viral.
It had us all saying, “DAMNNN, DANIEL.”
“I am so happy. This is the best day of my life,” patient Johnathan Robinson-Joye told the Los Angeles Daily News. “I can’t wait to tell my family that I met Daniel, sucka.”
Vans donated 100 pairs of shoes and other swag for the event, the newspaper reported.
10. Josh and Daniel came up with the idea for the Wednesday event themselves, a spokeswoman for the hospital told the Los Angeles Daily News. Daniel tweeted that he and Josh were so happy to donate the shoes to their “new friends.”
Josh told the newspaper that they wanted to help out because “this is our community.”
“We thought it was important to do some charity work and give back to the local community,” Daniel added. “We’re enjoying it. We’re enjoying being here. This is a great experience.”
The hospital’s executive director Sherry Nolfe said the hospital was very touched the teens thought to come help out.
“It’s amazing that kids aged 14 and 16 would think of the Children’s Hospital and give back to the community at such a young age,” Sherry Nolfe told the newspaper. “To have that instilled in them is amazing, and we are very grateful for their visit.”
BuzzFeed News has contacted the hospital for comment.
- At least 29 people are dead and 166 hurt after explosions outside a stadium in Turkey, the country's interior minister said.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- "Saturday Night Live" revealed Donald Trump's newest pick to lead the Drug Enforcement Agency: Walter White.