This is Chad Groeschen, a 39-year-old from Cincinnati.
Last month, Groeschen was at work when his eyes started itching. He figured it was allergies, so he wasn't too concerned.
Groeschen told BuzzFeed News that he woke up the next day feeling like he had a sinus infection, so he went to the doctor for medicine.
The active hiker and scuba diver said that at this point, he is completely blind in one eye.
His story sounds like a freak accident, but one doctor told BuzzFeed News this happens way more often than people may think.
Dr. Thomas Steinemann, a clinical spokesperson for the American Academy of Ophthalmology, told BuzzFeed News he treated a case very similar to Groeschen's just this week, and he actually treats several a year.
Even scarier, people contract this infection from habits that most contact lens wearers do every day out of habit or laziness.
Steinemann encourages contact lens wearers to realize that this can happen to anyone, and to take their eye health seriously.
He said he hopes that others will read his story and realize that when it comes to your eyes, you can't mess around.
"If anything happens to your eye seek a specialist immediately...(and) maintain impeccable hygiene when it comes to your eyes," he said.
Stephanie McNeal is a social news editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Stephanie McNeal at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.