1. For the first time, rockets fired from the Gaza Strip have reached over 100 miles into central Israel, targeting areas in Israel’s densely populated urban center. In the Tel Aviv suburb of Ramat Gan, zookeepers shot this video as air raid sirens sounded.
2. The Safari Zoo in Ramat Gan has been successfully breeding endangered Asian elephants for the last two years.
Zookeepers said they were initially worried how the animals would respond to air raid sirens, which wail for up to one minute to warn Israelis of an incoming rocket attack.
They soon found that the elephants appeared to naturally move to protect their young, the zookeepers on their Facebook page.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎