1. For the first time, rockets fired from the Gaza Strip have reached over 100 miles into central Israel, targeting areas in Israel’s densely populated urban center. In the Tel Aviv suburb of Ramat Gan, zookeepers shot this video as air raid sirens sounded.
2. The Safari Zoo in Ramat Gan has been successfully breeding endangered Asian elephants for the last two years.
Zookeepers said they were initially worried how the animals would respond to air raid sirens, which wail for up to one minute to warn Israelis of an incoming rocket attack.
They soon found that the elephants appeared to naturally move to protect their young, the zookeepers on their Facebook page.
- #Brexit fallout: Markets around the world fell again Monday, and analysts expect the U.K. to enter a "mild recession" by early 2017.
- The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that abortion provider restrictions in Texas are unconstitutional.
- It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed. Ready for November? You can register right here 🇺🇸