Before you go and tell everyone you know that your favorite artist just joined your favorite social network, there are some things you need to do
1. HOLD YOUR TWEET. WE NEED TO INVESTIGATE!
3. Not being verified is also a red flag. While new celebrities that join Twitter aren’t always verified when the news breaks that they joined, Twitter is typically quick to get them that blue check mark
4. Let’s pretend it doesn’t exist! Next step: Check and see who it is following.
Celebrities don’t typically follow a lot of people
and if they do, this has happened over time and certainly didn’t happen within the first few hours of the account
Looking at WHO they follow is also a great place to check. If they only follow journalists it usually means they are just looking for pawns (you) to notice them and get the word out
6. If you find they already have Twitter and Facebook accounts setup, you can go a step further and see if they linked to any new accounts recently on those platforms
7. If you still aren’t convinced it’s them, reach out to their publicist seeking more information
This could also be step 1.
8. Finding someone “in the know” is also a great place to confirm information
Bush spokesman says @GeorgeHWBush is the real deal https://t.co/fkBX9fexgF
9. An official Twitter account related to the industry of the person is also a great place to check
Please welcome @NSYNC to Twitter! #HiHiHi
Welcome to Twitter, @GeorgeHWBush, 41st President of the United States https://t.co/nKZVdjD0iX
10. Did you finally confirm it’s them? Tweet your heart out and let the world know!
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 250 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.