1. Updated — 6:56 p.m. ET
2. Today the NYPD asked Twitter users to post cute personal photos with NYPD officers.
3. And for a while it worked pretty well.
4. People were sharing nice pictures of NYPD officers just hanging out.
5. And that was nice… for about an hour…
6. Until people started filling the #MyNYPD hashtag with photos of alleged police brutality.
9. A lot of Twitter users started finding photos of police officers from any city and tagging them with #myNYPD.
10. It turns out Twitter users had more than a few photos of NYPD officers looking less than friendly.
12. And then things got even worse when Occupy Wall Street’s Twitter got involved.
14. Turns out not everyone is a huge fan of the NYPD.
16. So, the lesson here? Be careful what you ask for on the internet, I guess.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- At least 26 people have been treated by medics after a chemical incident at London City Airport.