3. In January, Spears’ son Garnett was admitted to Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital in Valhalla, N.Y., with dangerously high sodium levels.
6. On Tuesday, Spears turned herself in to Westchester County police. Investigators believe that Spears poisoned Garnett with sodium at least twice. The second time was fatal.
7. According to investigators, she had been medically abusing her son for years. And the internet and the attention her Facebook and Myspace posts brought her only made it worse.
8. Garnett’s medical problems started as early as 9 months, when he was put on a feeding tube. Prosecutors allege Spears suffered from Munchausen syndrome by proxy.
Munchausen syndrome by proxy is a psychiatric disorder in which a caretaker purposely sickens or injures someone in his or her care to get attention.
9. Spears has pleaded not guilty, but if she’s convicted she faces a maximum sentence of 20 years to life in prison.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎