2. According to the Facebook, Kerr ran the 5K with the little boy after he was asked for help:
For the 5k at the Venetian Festival in Charlevoix, Lance Cpl. Kerr opted to run the event wearing boots and utes and carrying a ruck sack. Several minutes after the other Marines he was with had finished, Lance Cpl. Kerr still had not crossed the line. They feared his extreme level of motivation may have caused him injury and/or fatigue resulting in him dropping out of the race. Moments before they ran back through the course to recover their fellow Marine, Lance Cpl. Kerr came around the last turn along with this small boy. The boy had become separated from those who he had started the race with. He asked Lance Cpl. Kerr, “Sir? Will you please run with me?”. Throughout the course, Lance Cpl. Kerr urged him on when the boy wanted to give up and ensured that the boy saw the course to completion where he was reunited with his party. By his unwavering commitment to help those in need through his ability to inspire others by his unequivocal level of motivation, Lance Cpl. Kerr reflected great credit upon himself and was keeping in the highest traditions of the United States Marine Corps.
3. Kerr wrote on Twitter that the parents of the little boy gave him a gift card out of thanks.
Myles M. Kerr
The parents of the little boy I ran with gave me $100 gift card to Grey Gables Restaurant #godbless
4. The photo was snapped at the Charlevoix Venetian Festival, a week-long summer festival in Michigan.
Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels rockin’ the Venetian Festival crowd in Charlevoix…
5. As of Thursday morning, Kerr’s inspirational story has been shared almost 30,000 times on Facebook alone.
Myles M. Kerr
This picture really took off
(h/t Lite 98.7)
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘