2. During the debate over the legislation, the bill’s sponsor, state Rep. Jodie Laubenberg, compared emergency rape kits to dilation and curettage.
This is what Democracy looks like! RT| @CecileRichards Check out the amazing folks| in Texas about #SB5. #txlege
4. Laubenberg’s full comments on rape kits causing abortions, per the Associated Press:
“In the emergency room they have what’s called rape kits where a woman can get cleaned out. The woman had five months to make that decision, at this point we are looking at a baby that is very far along in its development.”
5. Her comments have made her the subject of ridicule and outrage.
NARAL Pro-Choice TX
Oh our bad, it’s worse: Laubenberg thinks a rape kit is the same as an abortion. #txlege #HB60 #SB5
My mind is still reeling with wtf’s over Jody Laubenberg’s rape kit explanation.
Rep. Jody Laubenberg. Elected by Texans for Texans. How sadly ignorant for an adult woman, a legislator, to say a rape kit ends pregnancy.
- President Trump accused Barack Obama of organizing recent protests against him and leaking information from the White House to the press.
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 30.
- Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight."
- Elon Musk said his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝