3. Hornet Signs put out an official statement, saying that they wanted to use the controversy to help victims of abuse:
Let’s embrace the situation and take this opportunity to help victims of abuse all over this great country. Take the outrage and turn it into positive solutions. We have not profited by one penny on this but go to our website to find out who can! Take our challenge and let’s be proactive in bringing awareness and finding solutions. Go to our facebook page and share with us what others are doing to bring awareness and solutions to this disturbing social issue. We have read every comment between Friday and now. We have seen a tremendous amount of negativity but with that somewhere there has to be just as much positive activity! The negativity still keeps the issue in front of us but we want to try and convert that into positive solutions.
9. On Sunday, Hornet posted a YouTube video explaining that their experiment in marketing was raising awareness to the issue of violence against women.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏