3. Hornet Signs put out an official statement, saying that they wanted to use the controversy to help victims of abuse:
Let’s embrace the situation and take this opportunity to help victims of abuse all over this great country. Take the outrage and turn it into positive solutions. We have not profited by one penny on this but go to our website to find out who can! Take our challenge and let’s be proactive in bringing awareness and finding solutions. Go to our facebook page and share with us what others are doing to bring awareness and solutions to this disturbing social issue. We have read every comment between Friday and now. We have seen a tremendous amount of negativity but with that somewhere there has to be just as much positive activity! The negativity still keeps the issue in front of us but we want to try and convert that into positive solutions.
9. On Sunday, Hornet posted a YouTube video explaining that their experiment in marketing was raising awareness to the issue of violence against women.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰