1. Vietnam War veterans were arrested Monday night at the New York City Vietnam War memorial for staying past the memorial’s 10 p.m. curfew time.
The memorial is located on Water Street in downtown Manhattan.
2. The veterans had gathered at the memorial to protest the 12th year of the war in Afghanistan.
3. Law enforcement reportedly issued verbal warnings to the vets, telling them they would be arrested if they didn’t leave.
4. The vets were reading the names of dead soldiers and chanting “Whose side are you on?” at the police.
5. The vets then handcuffed themselves together, refusing to leave. The group of veterans have done similar demonstrations in years past.
6. And that’s when police began walking protesters into a police van.
#Veterans arrested at #NYC #Vietnam #Memorial now, ppl singing “which side are you on?” fallen vets names being read
7. It is unclear how many were arrested.
IMPEACH OBAMA GA
17 veterans arrested just now NYC at memorial!
8. You can watch video of the incident here:
- President Trump is ordering a review of all of America's national monuments that were created in the past two decades.
- Arkansas has carried out the first double execution since 2000. The state had scheduled 8 executions before a key drug expires.
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now active in German and French politics 💻
- A popular app changed the name of a filter after people complained it whitewashes them. The filter still lightens your skin though 🤔