3. …which many people have realized looks an awful lot like a penis.
4. Concerned parents have been posting photos of the cake mountain play set’s alleged penis on the Play-Doh Facebook page.
5. But users began noticing that the moderators of the Facebook page were deleting the comments and photos.
6. The toy, and Play-Doh’s response, was so controversial it made the local news. Tulsa, Oklahoma’s, KTUL interviewed parents who felt it was too phallic.
7. “We have heard some consumer feedback about the extruder tool in the Play-Doh Cake Mountain play set and are in the process of updating all future Play-Doh products with a different tool,” a Hasbro spokesperson told KTUL reporters.
9. Play-Doh’s parent company, Hasbro, said in a statement Tuesday that it would change the toy’s design.
“We have heard some consumer feedback about the extruder tool in the Play-Doh Cake Mountain playset and are in the process of updating all future Play-Doh products with a different tool,” the company said on Facebook. “Should any consumer want a replacement extruder for this item, they can contact Hasbro’s Customer Service Department at 800-327-8264.”
(H/T: Oh No They Didn’t)
- This dad had the most adorable freak out to his family when he met his first alpaca 😂